Presented by: City & State
Jul 13, 2017
New York, NYBuy Tickets
Time & Date:
Thursday, July 13th
8:00am – 12:00pm
New York Academy of Medicine
1216 5th Ave
New York, NY 10029
Join us on July 13 for an important conference on the state of New York’s transportation and infrastructure. Specifically, City & State will highlight economic development in Smart Cities, tech and innovation in urban development, and smart infrastructure. Experts in transportation, building, and utilities infrastructures will lead discussions on the obstacles, advantages, and endeavors involved with urban development. If you are involved in the intersection of transportation, infrastructure and government in New York, this is a must-attend event.
8:00am Registration & Networking Breakfast
8:45am Keynote Remarks Matthew Driscoll, Commissioner, New York State Department of Transportation
9:15am How Transportation Fuels Infrastructure in a Smart City
As outdated transportation infrastructure reaches the limits of capacity; investment in safe, reliable, and connected transit networks is vital to bringing economic success for New York’s communities. Technology is key to delivering the required growth cost-effectively. This session will address the importance of transit to local and national economic growth.
- Councilmember Daniel Garodnick, Chair, Committee on Economic Development
- Councilmember Ydanis Rodriguez, Chair Committee on Transportation
- Husam Ahmad, Chairman and CEO. Welcome to HAKS
- Cordell Schachter, Chief Information Officer, Department of Transportation, New York City
10:00am Business Strategies for the City of Tomorrow
Whether you’re a well-known company or young innovation firm, doing business in New York’s public sector marketplaces can be extremely worthwhile, but full of potential complications. This session encourages critical thinking about business-driven solutions to address urban development issues and explore how to compete and succeed in the New York market.
- Jeff Merritt, Director of Innovation, NYC Mayor's Office of Tech and Innovation
- Brahim Atlagh, Executive Director of Telecommunications Contracts & Negotiations, New York City Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications
10:45am Urban Planning & Smart Infrastructure
In a world where infrastructure is truly smart, creative innovation leads to transformations across New York. This includes approaches in efficient design and construction, changes regarding improved health and productivity, and increased performance in a low-carbon society with a sustainable urban plan. We discuss the transformation of NY’s urban strategy, current innovations, and the future of our infrastructure.
- Dr. Feniosky Peña-Mora, Commissioner, NYC Dept. of Design & Construction
11:30am Sessions Conclude
For more information on programming and speaking opportunities, please contact Lissa Blake at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646-517 2741