Free Tickets For a Limited Time!
Wednesday, July 26
8:30 – 10:30 AM
80 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10011
City & State, NYN Media, and partners will honor and celebrate the work of New York organizations and individuals who serve the LGBTQ community through public service, volunteerism, government, or civic engagement. A special issue of City & State magazine will feature coverage on policy issues affecting NY’s LGBTQ members and the organizations that work closely with them.
The PRIDE Awards will launch at a special breakfast reception on July 26. Government officials will discuss what New York City and New York State government are doing to change and enhance policy issues. The breakfast will be rounded out with an Award Ceremony honoring the 10 PRIDE Award recipients.
- Senator Daniel Squadron, the Senate Sponsor of the Gender Expression Non-Discrimination Act (GENDA)
- Christine Marinoni, Senior Advisor for Community Partnerships, Office of the Deputy Mayor for Strategic Policy Initiatives Richard Buery
Meet the Honorees!
- Sheldon Applewhite, Assistant Professor of Sociology, Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Bryan Ellicott, Special Assistant, Council Member Carlos Menchaca
- Kimberly Forte, Supervising Attorney, LGBT Law and Policy Initiative, The Legal Aid Society
- Katherine Grainger, Principal, Civitas Public Affairs
- Juli Grey-Owens, Executive Director, Long Island Transgender Advocacy Coalition
- Brad Hoylman, State Senator
- Thomas Krever, CEO, Hetrick-Martin Institute
- Eunic Ortiz, Director of Online Communications, 1199SEIU
- Wilhelmina Perry, Administrative Coordinator, LGBT Faith Leaders of African Descent
- Doug Wirth, President and CEO, Amida Care
For more information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact Lissa Blake at email@example.com or call 646-517-2741.