City & State's annual On Health Care forum has become one of the most prestigious events across New York State; hosting NYC and NYS Health Commissioners, CEOs and Executive Directors of hospitals and health care labor unions, lawmakers, media and advocacy leaders. The 2017 On Health care forum will bring together over 250 professionals from across the state, including elected officials, public health officials, hospital administrators, investors, healthcare providers, and innovators from both the public and private sectors. If you are in the healthcare or medical industry in New York this is a must-attend event.
8:00am Registration & Networking Breakfast
8:45am Opening Keynote Address by Dr. Oz, Host, The Dr. Oz Show
9:15am The Future of New York Health Care
City and state leaders are exploring how to ensure that all New Yorkers maintain access to health insurance. What will the future hold in terms of tech and innovation? We will hear from insurance companies, hospitals/all kinds of healthcare providers, and technology companies, on where healthcare in NY is going.
- Ashley Hupfl, Albany Reporter, City & State (moderator)
- Richard Gottfried, Chairman, State Assembly Health Committee
- Kemp Hannon, Chair, Senate Health Committee
- Robin Chappelle Golston, President and CEO, Planned Parenthood Empire State Acts
- Paul G. Smith, National Practice Leader - Healthcare Insurance, NetApp
10:00am Addressing Epidemics and Risk Factors
As New York confronts an array of public health threats – including HIV/AIDS, opioid and heroin abuse and potential viral outbreaks like Zika and Ebola – government officials at the city, state and federal level have relied on a network of public health professionals, advocates, community organizations and the public at large to fight back. Hear from some of these individuals who will discuss how these epidemics affect New Yorkers and explain the strategies utilized to contain them, from treatments and technology to communication and collaboration.
- Bridget G. Brennan, Special Narcotics Prosecutor, City of New York (moderator)
- Brad Hutton, Deputy Commissioner for Public Health, New York State Department of Health
- Council Member Andrew Cohen, Chair, Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities, Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Disability Services Committee
- Fred Akshar, Co-Chair, Senate Heroin Task Force
10:45am Working Across Sectors to Address Social Determinants of Health
This session seeks to expand the understanding of current efforts in New York that demonstrate successful collaboration between health care, digital health and other sectors to advance population health. As more and more determinants such as housing, access to affordable food, and opportunities for physical activity have a growing effect on a population’s health, this session focuses on how the health care sector and New York State’s health care delivery reform programs can respond.
- Pamela Mattel, Chief Operating Officer, Acacia Network (moderator)
- Claudia Hersame, Deputy Director – Urban Design Office, NYC Department of Planning
- Letitia James, Public Advocate , City of New York
- Dr. Oxiris Barbot, First Deputy Commissioner, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Lisa David, President and CEO, Public Health Solutions
- Tom Check, President and CEO, Healthix
11:45am Sessions Conclude
For more information on programming and speaking opportunities, please contact Lissa Blake at email@example.com or call 646-517-2741.
Members of the press are invited to attend. Please contact Jenny Wu at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.